Generally neck pain occurs due to damage of the joints which can be the consequence of some kind of problem or the cause of postural issues. Often it is connected with muscle imbalance, with certain muscle tissue turning too tight and over-active and at the same time others change into weak ones. If not treated, the neck pain can even cause headaches. A physiotherapy treatment for neck pain is truly one of the top solutions to get relief from the pain.
WHAT CAUSES NECK PAIN?
Your head is quite heavy and well-balanced on a thin assistance composed of 7 bones known as vertebrae. The vertebral segments are separated from each other by discs, stabilised by joints and ligaments and movable by muscle tissues. Since the neck is really mobile, it can be affected quite easily. Damage and postural issues are the most typical reasons for neck pain. Diseases like arthritis or degeneration of the discs can as well trigger pain.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING NECK PAIN:
- Posture:It is essential that if you are taking extensive hours looking at the PC or performing some repeated tasks then you should keep your shoulders relaxed, chin tucked in, head level and chest lifted. Think tall.
- Relaxation:Note down when you find yourself feeling stressed. You may be slouching or even tensing your shoulders without knowing.
- Sleeping: We recommend you to avoid sleeping on your tummyas this can place lot of stress on the ligaments, joint parts and muscles.
- Exercise: Muscle imbalance is a very commonissue for most people. Your physio can analyse your posture, muscle intensity and joint flexibility, and then recommend particular workouts to assist you to retain your neck functioning appropriately.
- Work:Ensure your computer is properly set-up. Stay away from taking extended hours in a single posture. Stretch out on a regular basis to release the tight muscles.
HOW DOES PHYSIOTHERAPY HELP?
At Care Plus Physiotherapy Clinic, we recognize the causes of your neck discomfort and give confirmed successful cure for your recovery. Your entire treatment may include:
- Strengthening, stabilising and stretching workoutsto assist you to deal with your troubles lasting
- Neural mobilisation methods
- Soft tissue massage
- Postural re-education
- Joint mobilisation methods
- Recommendationand advice for ergonomics/desk setup and activity modification
WHAT COULD BE THE APPROXIMATE COST OF THE TREATMENT?
The cost of the physiotherapy for neck pain depends on your condition, the treatment protocol and number and types of techniques prescribed.
I HAVE NECK PAIN – WHAT DO I DO RIGHT NOW?
When you have just injured your neck, the very first thing to do is relax, and take rest. Try and find the most relaxing posture that allows any serious muscle spasm to rest. Usually applying heat or an ice pack allows reducing this muscle spasm, together with gentle stretching exercises and simple analgesics such as paracetemol.
Your next step is to have your neck examined by a prominent Physiotherapist. At Care Plus Physiotherapy Clinic we have the renowned physiotherapist, Dr. Prabhat Gupta with 8 years of experience. To book your appointment online for a physiotherapy treatment for neck pain, contact us at: 0124 – 4227006 or 09810922362 & Email ID: email@example.com.