Hip problems are typical for many age groups. Pain may be mainly because of local structures within or around the hip or groin, or, may be referred from additional options, for example; the lower back, pelvis or even SIJ (Sacro-Iliac Joint). The way your hip joint works, it can also suffer from the lower limb biomechanics including your knee, foot and ankle and also your thigh and calf muscles.
What could be causing my hip pain?
With the hip joint and the surrounding structures having such a complex relationship with each other, diagnosis and evaluation of the source of hip pain can be quite difficult.
The most common problems which will cause hip pain include:
- Lower Back Injuries
- Hip Flexor Strain
- Trochanteric Bursitis (Bursitis Hip)
- Groin Pain
- Sacro-Iliac Joint Disorders
- Hip Labral Tears
- Hip Arthritis
- Poor Hip Control
Physiotherapists have intense interest in the cases of the hip pain. Your Physio will take the time with you to completely evaluate and understand the cause of your hip pain and examine whether it is a hip joint, muscular, nerve or biomechanics problem.
How do you diagnose what is causing my hip pain?
The successful treatment of your hip pain relies on an intensive examination of the following:
- Lower back structures
- Function of your completelower limb (foot, ankle, knee and hip)
- The flexibilityand work of the nerves managing the muscles
- Strength as well ascontrol of the muscles in your hip, thigh and abs area
- Pelvis and SIJ workand alignment
- Biomechanics of the hip joint overalland in isolation
Only after an intensive hip evaluation, can your hip pain be effectively rehabilitated to reduce your present hip pain and joint disorders. This will finally prevent the return of your hip pain in the long term.
What could be the Approximate Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of the physiotherapy for hip pain depends on the condition of the patient, the treatment protocol and the number and types of techniques prescribed.
I have hip pain – what should I do right now?
To get assistance for resolving your hip pain as soon as possible, you should:
- Avoid or changeroutines and postures that could trigger your hip pain. Recovery is simple and quicker when you stop irritating the hip.
- Rest a pillow between your legs when falling asleepon your side for extended
In case you are experiencing hip pain, the next step to do is to get your hip pain evaluated by a Physiotherapist. Dr. Prabhat Gupta is a renowned Physiotherapist in Delhi, India providing excellent care and services to the patients suffering with hip pain. You can book an instant online appointment by sending us your query at email@example.com. You can also call one of our clinics on our contact numbers 0124 – 4227006 or 09810922362 to book an appointment for a hip injuries treatment in Delhi, India.